[higgins-dev] Interop http://osis.idcommons.net

I see no reason to support or interop test with Higgins components, based on the information provided on http://osis.idcommons.net

     - Many of the links for the solutions participating are wrong, making it impossible to test, and demonstrating that the project must be in it's infancy.

          - Higgins Cocoa Selector - takes me through several manual redirects, ending at a page with no content

          - Higgins Firefox-Embedded Selector  click through several pages until I finally find out that the link for the higgins.xpi is broken.

          - Higgins GTK Selector -  takes me through several manual redirects, ending at a page with no content

          - Higgins IdP  - takes me to a massive download page, not a deployed IdP

          - Higgins RCP-based Selector  Instructions for deployers are incomplete and don't point me to the required components.   A quick glance shows that they don't appear to be suited to someone of basic experience.  It's not worth my time to attempt to decipher their cryptic meaning and hunt down any errors or deviations between my system and the documentor's system.

          - Higgins RP  -  The only solution that actually links me to a working component!

   Final score:  One of all of the components/solutions was potentially usable for interop testing, but by that point I'm disenchanted with all things Higgins and don't want to bother.

   I propose that any component lacking builds, documentation, contact information, and committed support be removed from the interop spreadsheet.

Duane

Back to the top