RE: [higgins-dev] Telecon to discuss alternatives to Node

In this example, house/building could be an entity - that is quite possible - and in that example, the address can be its attribute. But address by itself .. its hard to imagine how that could be an entity. If we keep house as an entity.. then the relationship between a person-entity and house-entity could be has-a, owns, rents relationship.

-raj

Inactive hide details for "Drummond Reed" ---03/02/2008 12:03:39 PM---I know it seems strange that Postal Address could be a no"Drummond Reed" ---03/02/2008 12:03:39 PM---I know it seems strange that Postal Address could be a node (or DigitalEntity), as it is usually expressed as an attribute. But

          "Drummond Reed" <drummond.reed@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
          Sent by: higgins-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

          03/02/2008 12:02 PM

          Please respond to
          "Higgins \(Trust Framework\) Project developer discussions" <higgins-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

"'Higgins (Trust Framework) Project developer discussions'" <higgins-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

cc

Subject

RE: [higgins-dev] Telecon to discuss alternatives to Node

I know it seems strange that Postal Address could be a node (or DigitalEntity), as it is usually expressed as an attribute. But we discovered the same thing with the XDI RDF model – you can model it both ways. And in the case of a postal address, it is hard to deny the option of the Postal Address being a node/DigitalEntity because a the addressable building (house, office, church, etc.) is certainly an standalone entity that can have its own digital representation.

So one way to model it is person as a node/DigitalEntity and house as a node/DigitalEntity and the person has a relation (“has-a”, “owns”, “rents”) to the house.

=Drummond