Re: [higgins-dev] Reminder: Access Control telecon: Today Feb 27th5-6pm Eastern

I am not clear which day and what time. It says 5:00 am PST on Wednesday and based on Paul's comment I gather it is to be read as 5:00 pm.

Could you confirm when this is going to be, to be sure? Or if it has happened already?

----- Original Message ----- From: "Paul Trevithick" <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> To: "'Higgins (Trust Framework) Project developer discussions'" <higgins-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, February 27, 2008 9:04 AM
Subject: [higgins-dev] Reminder: Access Control telecon: Today Feb 27th5-6pm Eastern

Time slot was chosen by:
http://doodle.ch/participation.html?pollId=y2bcrxz35sdaf7hs

Dial in: (641) 715 3200 / 1024634#

Starter Agenda for new Higgins work area

1) Use cases
------------
* What sets of use cases are we considering? (e.g. Phil Hunt's IGF cases,
Parity's "VRM" R-card cases, David KM's cases, others?)

2) Motivations
--------------
* Motivations of different groups of higgins developers to get something in
place.
* Perhaps each "interested" group/person should speak for a couple minutes
on what Higgins capabilities they'd like to see in this area

3) Scope
--------
* Policy representation only?
* Policy enforcement?
* Policy authoring?

4) Relationship to other efforts
--------------------------------
* Should we create a Higgins profile of XACML?
* IGF?
* XDI link contracts
* others?

5) Design Choices
-----------------
* Should we keep policy "data" separate from "resource" data in the Context? In other words should "policy" point to "resources"? or is it the other way
around?
* How is policy expressed in the data model?

6) Implementation Choices
-------------------------
* PEP built into IdAS?
* PEP Context Provider?
* PEP as a Context Provider responsibility

7) Control over what resources?
-------------------------------
* see: http://wiki.eclipse.org/Access_Control_in_IdAS#Requirements point #2

8) Timing/Functionality Tradeoffs
---------------------------------
* Do we want to do something simple and quick AND on a longer, slower track
something more robust?
* Or should we figure out the long term plan and then see how to implement
an initial phase

9) Process Issues
* Volunteer to lead this work area?
* Meeting schedules, etc.