[higgins-dev] IdAS: view of objects in intermediate states

We need to document what happens when a consumer has an instance of an object (like an IDigitalSubject), performs some updates on that, and then performs read operations on it prior to calling IDigitalSubject.applyUpdates().

I believe that the consumer will expect the read operations to reflect recent changes.  The other choice is to respond to read operations with a view representing the not-yet-applied changes.  I think this will be unexpected on the part of consumers.

In addition, we need to document the scenario where a consumer has two instances of the same subject (call them A and B), updates one (A), and reads the other (B).  After thinking about this, I believe that we should document the semantics of this as being undefined.  That is, the CP can choose whether to present the updated or original view when B is read.

Jim

Back to the top