[higgins-dev] Re: TS deployment downloads

<Adding this to higgins-dev list>

Those look good - although there appears to be some kind of error with the STS Binding for Axis 1.x.

I also noticed that the .zip files contain other jar files that these depend on (the ./lib subdirectory).  Does that mean we now have permission to redistribute those?  If so, that is great.  If not, we would need to remove those from the .zip files and instead provide a list of jar files that the component depends on - perhaps another column in your table that is a link to a list of jar files needed to build and run ...?

I also wonder if it would be possible to provide .tar.gz files in addition to the .zip files.  .tar.gz are more common for unix and linux systems.

My deployment of the STS also requires some IdAS context providers and everything wrapped up in a .war file.  Currently, I cannot redeploy the STS, as I need to have the OpenID and mapping context provider updated to the new IdAS interface.  I also need an updated JNDI context provider that no longer hardcodes name mappings.  As soon as I get all of those pieces, I will attempt another deployment.

I'm wondering if anyone thinks it would be a good idea to provide a "default" .war file - perhaps as an example on how to deploy as a Tomcat servlet?  Would there be any value in providing such a thing on our build page?  In order to really deploy the STS, it is not sufficient to gather the STS pieces - a deployer still has quite a bit of work to do besides getting the latest stable build - but the latest stable build is a good start.

Thanks,

Daniel Sanders

>>> Evgeniy Vyborov <evyborov@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> 4/1/2007 9:00 AM >>>
Hi Daniel.

I'm working on TS automated builds on the Eclipse server now. First
results you can find here:
http://download.eclipse.org/technology/higgins/sts/lastNightlyBuild/index.html
http://download.eclipse.org/technology/higgins/sts/lastStableBuild/index.html

As far as I know, you are responsible for STS deployments.
In this connection I would like to know your opinion about TS downloads.
What packaged deployment downloads should be available for downloading
from download pages (see links above)?

Thanks,
- Evgeniy Vyborov

Back to the top