RE: [higgins-dev] Problem with current schemefor IContext.open(AuthNSelfIssuedMaterials)

higgins-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote on 02/15/2007 08:36:58 AM:

> Mike wrote:
> >
> > I disagree with the premise that a personal card should be only
associated
> > with a single context.
> > I want to be able to create multiple digital subjects all representing
> > some unique subset of my identity.
>
> Jumping in here...Whereas I completely agree with your second sentence
> above, I disagree with the first (assuming that is, by "context" you
mean a
> Higgins Context).
>
> -Paul

Perhaps I abused the terminology a bit - and was not clear between a card
used to provide a credential vs. a selected card.
When we invoke IContext::open we pass in a "credential", then we get an
IDigitalSubject from the open IContext instance to gain access to
attributes. In the first sentence above (which Paul objects to), the
Personal Card I refer to contains values (PPID+Modulus+Exponent) used to
compute the "credential" used to open the IContext for the IDigitalSubject
specified by a Managed Card. In order for this to work, at some point
prior to the IContext::open, an association must be made between the
credential (specified by the Personal Card) and the underlying
implementation (e.g. LDAP Entry) of the IContext and the Card representing
that IContext.

So hopefully this is more clear:

a) A Card *represents* a single IContext/IDigitalSubject.
b) A Card may be used to provide "credential"s used to open more than one
IContext/IDigitalSubject.

Paul, do you object to "a" or "b" now?