[higgins-dev] Two project-related questions

First the easy one:

The STS projects maintain a build and build/classes directory.  I find this cumbersome as build output goes in here and then I have to do cvsignore on the content (jars, wars, roots of packages).  Is there a reason for having these checked in?  If not, I'd like to remove them from CVS and let the build script create them as needed.

Second one has to do with the criteria for deciding when to create a project versus adding to an existing one.  For example:  In the IdAS project, we've added packages like org.eclipse.higgins.idas. and org.eclipse.higgins.idas.impl, but when we added org.eclipse.higgins.idas.context.model* we did it by adding two new projects.  There are 6 STS projects.  I think I know why the extensions are their own projects.  Less sure about the bindings.

Jim

Back to the top