[higgins-dev] What's in a name?

I wonder if we have different ideas about what's in the Context Reference URI.

1) Until lately, I thought it contained at least the name of a context factory, plus the name of a context. I wasn't sure what either of these looked like, just assumed they were both required.

2) From discussions, I think some others think it only holds the name of a context (in some form). This allows one URI to be used against multiple factories to produce the same Context (albeit possibly via different IContext instances, using different config and policy, using different AuthN, and thus semantically different).

3) Tom assumed it was a pointer into a context definition file. In our world, that segment of the definition file names the factory used to produce that context.

Jim

Back to the top