RE: [higgins-dev] Vendor Specific Context Providers

My prediction is somewhere in the middle. We do want to encourage a bunch of
great common Context Provider implementations to be published to the Higgins
project, but we also expect that for one reason or another there will be
many "closed source" ones as well.

-Paul

Tom wrote:

<snip>

> I'm still having some heartburn on understanding vendor specific
> Context Providers.  If IBM has created a perfectly good LDAP Context
> Provider, why would I want to write one at Novell?  Wouldn't I rather
> use IBM's and contribute enhancements and bug fixes to it?  Or, in
> Higgins, are we simply focusing on having an open source framework where
> the Context Providers may be closed source?  If they're planned to be
> closed, I get it, acid reduced.  ;)  However, I would certainly like to
> see encouragement for common Context implementations be part of the
> Higgins goals.

Back to the top