RE: [higgins-dev] Revised Higgins data model goals

A context can have a subcontext (1:1) or multiple subcontexts (1:M)

For example, there might be a context associated with a particular
system, and a person may be participating with that system in multiple
subgroups:  a My Base Ball Fan Yahoo group and My Neighborhood
Association Yahoo group.

Or a context created for participation at a conference may be structured
with subcontexts: one of which corresponds to the person's role as an
attendee, one their role as a presenter, and one designed for any
visitor to the conference city.

>Can we expound on [8] Contexts are associated with other Contexts in
1:1
>or 1:M relationships?

>I know there may be objects in a context which show relationships to
>objects in other contexts, and that's one way we might have context to
>context relationships, but this goal (I think) is talking about direct
>relationships.

>What it looks like is someone will want to, given a context, see what
>other contexts are related. If so, what will they do with that
>information? One case may be where the Contexts are actually replicas
of
>one another. In that case, the consumer of the context relationship
>information is storing failover information. Probably not the use case
>that drove the goal.

Jim

Back to the top