[gmf-dev] Multipage editor with different model elements and GMF

Hello,

My name is Tiago, a brasilian student, and I'm working in the development of
an open source platform for describe graphically models of environmental
systems, and started to use the Eclipse platform to do this job.

I initiated the implementation using the EMF and generate the multi-page
editor. And then i started to study the GMF to create the graphical editor.
But i have great difficulties to do this job and i like some help.

In simple words, the problem i found is: i have a model with the following
simplified strutcture:

UserModel
   |-> map1
   |-> map2
   (...)
   |-> automaton1
   |-> automaton2
   (...)
   |-> function1
   |-> function2
   (...)

The user will create elements like maps, automatons, and functions. I build
the .ecore and create the editor using the code generation of EMF. But I
need to display a different view (editor) as different elements are created
and selected. For example, for the map element is wanted to display an
image, for the automaton element a graphical state machine editor with
states and transition rules, for function element display a text editor.

I dont know how to do this. I have already created the editor using the EMF
code generation. And I created in a separated project (to learn) a
simplified state machine graphical editor using the GMF (following the wiki
GMF Tutorial), but I don't know how to integrate them and to change the page
editor as the different elements are selected. I already seen the article
"Integrating EMF and GMF Generated Editors", but the problem is that will
not be the root element of the ecore model that will be edited with the
graphical editor generated with GMF, and I don't know how to do this
mapping...

I search for some solutions in the eclipse site and foruns, but don't found
the solution yet.

Please someone can help me?

Thanks