[gmf-dev] Issue with duplicate org.apache plug-ins

Hi Team,

When our customers extract all the zip files from the various Eclipse
components, there are duplicate org.apache plug-ins. The picture below
illustrates the issue.

The issue for us is that both TPTP and GMF are pushing
org.apache.batik_1.6.0.qualifier and that the .qualifier is different.

Even though nothing appears broken, our customer does not like the
duplicate plug-ins.

Since we have batik in a separate map file and since the source never
changes, we are wondering if we can stop relabeling the feature and plug-in
and keep version 6.1.0.v20060531-1000. Both TPTP and GMF would push
org.apache.batik_1.6.0_v20060531-1000 and the end result is that batik gets
installed once when you extract everything.

Would there be any build problem in doing this?

Cheers...
Anthony
--
Anthony Hunter mailto:anthonyh@xxxxxxxxxx