[glassfish-dev] Cannot delete jar file after web app undeploy

Hi,

My apologies for posting to this development list as a GlassFish user.
I could not find an active user group.

I have a hello world application that uses the Apache Wicket web
framework.

On GlassFish version 5.0.1, with JDK jdk1.8.0_172 on Windows 7, Wicket
8.9.0.

The application runs fine.

After directory deploy and subsequent undeploy, a jar file
wicket-core-8.9.0.jar cannot be deleted by a maven build.

I am asking what the preferred strategy is to resolve this issue. In
this case, all of the involved software (Java, Maven, Wicket) is
mature, and there are no potential application issues because I have
only a hello world application.

If I file an issue with the Wicket project, then they would not have
any GlassFish knowledge. On the other hand I think it is perhaps
premature to file a GlassFish issue because GlassFish is also mature
software.

What would be the best approach to identify what it is that prevents
the jar file from being deleted? I have a Maven test case.

Many thanks.

Back to the top