[glassfish-dev] GlassFish updates for the javax -> jakarta transition

Do we have a plan for how to manage the GlassFish project as some of the APIs
start the transition from javax to jakarta?

(Note that I asked the same question of the TCK project; it would be nice to
use the same conventions there and here and coordinate the work.

Should these contributions be made in a new "6.0.0" branch?

Is it time to convert the master branch to "6.0.0-SNAPSHOT" and move any 5.x
maintenance to a separate maintenance branch?

Presumably any update to the API to move to the jakarta namespace should include

- update of the API jar file dependency
- update of the implementation (included, or dependency)
- update of any usage on the APIs in other GlassFish code, e.g., admin console
- update of any tests in the GlassFish repository
  (are all tests still valid, functional, and regularly executed?)
- update of any documentation that uses the APIs, e.g., in examples
- update of any CI tests that depend on the API or jar file names
- update of the API jar files in the jakartaee-api project
- anything I forgot?

Back to the top