Re: [glassfish-dev] Jakarta EE 8 GlassFish 5.1 or GlassFish 5.2

Thanks Ed that makes sense.

Does the platform project own that responsibility?
https://projects.eclipse.org/projects/ee4j.jakartaee-platform along with the TCK project https://projects.eclipse.org/projects/ee4j.jakartaee-tck ?

From: Ed Bratt <ed.bratt@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: 16 April 2019 18:58
To: glassfish developer discussions <glassfish-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>; Steve Millidge (Payara) <steve.millidge@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [glassfish-dev] Jakarta EE 8 GlassFish 5.1 or GlassFish 5.2

Sorry Steve. I did not intend to bring releasing a new version of GlassFish to question. I do believe we can accomplish the Jakarta EE release goals without a new version of Eclipse GlassFish.

While we have said, we don't intend to create a new GlassFish release, there appear to be additional artifacts that we think will be required, across the projects -- these include revised JavaDocs, possibly revised API JAR files. Maybe other component elements.

A plan/recipe for each project needs to be worked out. Overall, that's not the GlassFish project lead's responsibility, but I don't know whose it is.

In addition the new TCKs must be delivered -- currently, that delivery includes a copy of GlassFish since that's the only currently known compatible implementation that we have to work with.

All this needs to be pulled together -- in general, this is for the Jakarta EE 8 project. Of which, the GlassFish project deliverable (new version or old) is but one part -- Each of the component projects may also have some work to do.

There isn't a firmly established home for the overall deliverables and I don't know where these discussions are supposed to take place.

-- Ed