Re: [geowave-dev] Ingesting geojson data into geowave datastore

Hi Davone,
Sorry for the delay.  The "geotools-vector" format that geowave uses for ingest provides compatibility with any geotools DataStore that is on the classpath.  However, the GeoJSON DataStore within geotools is only provided as an unsupported community extension [1]. So it is not part of our default installation. But you can include any additional plugins within geowave's classpath by copying libraries to /usr/local/geowave/tools/plugins/. To use the geotools-vector format for GeoJSON file parsing you will have to include the GeoJSON datastore and its transitive dependencies. I could be wrong but [2] and [3] may be sufficient because I think geowave already uses most other transitive dependencies.  If this is insufficient you may want to look into the maven shade plugin or the assembly plugin. I am not an expert in the robustness of this particular GeoJSON plugin to geotools, but perhaps the geotools-dev mailing list could provide additional insight.

Alternatively, you can implement a direct "format" plugin to geowave that would allow you to ingest any custom data into geowave.  Some relevant info on that approach I recently posted in response to issue #1261 [4].

[1] https://github.com/geotools/geotools/tree/master/modules/unsupported/geojsonstore
[2] http://repo.boundlessgeo.com/main/org/geotools/gt-geojson/16.0/gt-geojson-16.0.jar
[3] http://repo.boundlessgeo.com/main/org/geotools/gt-geojsondatastore/16.0/gt-geojsondatastore-16.0.jar
[4] https://github.com/locationtech/geowave/issues/1261