[geotrellis-user] Create raster tiles for heatmap from sensor data?

Hello all,

I am fairly new to raster/vector tiles and I am trying to figure out how to create heatmaps from sensor data in the format of lat, lon, time, sensor reading. I'm very comfortable in spark and munging around with the data, but I'm having trouble figuring out how to get started with creating raster or vector tiles for overlaying this data into leaflet. (There are millions of readings, about 64gb of data currently, but I have a cluster to play on.) I would ultimately like to query this data, generate tiles, store them in cassandra, and then serve them up through geoserver or something. Is creating raster/vector tiles from raw sensor data something that geotrellis can do?

Cheers,

Mike

Back to the top