[geotrellis-dev] 1.1.0-RC1 Release

Hi GeoTrellis community,

Happy to announce the release of GeoTrellis 1.1.0-RC1. There were a number of bug fixes and minor feature additions. See the complete list here:
http://geotrellis.readthedocs.io/en/latest/CHANGELOG.html

Take a look and help us test the release candidate.

Some notes about API changes:

While we are trying to stick strictly to SemVer, there are slight API changes in this release. We felt that while this does break SemVer in the strictest sense, the change were not enough to warrant a 2.0 release. Our hope is in the future to be more cognizant of API changes for future releases.

  • Made EPSG capatilization consistent in method names:

    • In geotrellis.proj4.CRS, changed getEPSGCode to getEpsgCode
    • In geotrellis.proj4.io.wkt.WKT, changed fromEPSGCode to fromEpsgCode and getEPSGCode to getEpsgCode
  • Changed some internal but publicly visible classes dealing with GeoTiff reading

    • Changed size to length in ArraySegmentBytes
    • Replaced foreach on SegmentBytes with getSegments, which the caller can iterate over themselves
    • Changed getDecompressedBytes to decompressGeoTiffSegment
  • Moved some misplaced implicit JsonFormats

    • Moved CellTypeFormat and CellSizeFormat from `` geotrellis.spark.etl.config.json`` in the spark-etl subproject to geotrellis.raster.io.json.Implicits in the raster subproject.
  • Changed LazyLogger from the com.typesafe.scalalogging version to our own version

    • This shouldn’t break any code, but technically is an API change.

--
Ross Bernet, Project Manager, GeoTrellis
Azavea | 990 Spring Garden Street, 5th Floor, Philadelphia, PA

Azavea is a B Corporation - we apply geospatial technology for civic and social impact
while advancing the state-of-the-art through research. Join us.

Back to the top