Re: [geomesa-users] Geomesa:Cassandra Joining two tables and get WMS layer output

Hi Ankur,

This is a good question.  I haven't thought to try the geomesa:Join WPS in a Style.  The good news is that it ought to work.

If you can make it work in the WPS Request Builder, you likely have the XML/input for both layers.  If one of those is static, you could hardcode it into the SLD for the secondary source.

From looking at the code for the DensityProcess and heatmap[1], it looks like the SLD might have a literal called 'data' which represents the WMS request.  That might give you some room to select what should be from GeoMesa in C*.

Perhaps you take a look at the source for the DensityProcess, the SLD, and the JoinProcess to see if you can find another idea or two to try?

The idea of joining makes me think of the GeoServer Cross-Layer Filtering plugin[2].  That may or may not apply here.

Cheers,

Jim

1. https://github.com/locationtech/geomesa/blob/master/geomesa-process/geomesa-process-vector/src/main/scala/org/locationtech/geomesa/process/analytic/DensityProcess.scala
https://github.com/locationtech/geomesa/blob/master/docs/tutorials/_static/geomesa-quickstart-storm/heatmap.sld