Re: [geomesa-users] Use geomesa processes with Spark

Hello,

A feature collection is kind of like a pointer to remote data, so it's generally not serializable. However, you can do an initial query through spark to load the features with speed = 0, then you can map each feature in your rdd/dataframe into a KNN query. You should be able to invoke the KNN process through code by instantiating the process, creating a local feature collection and invoking 'execute', similar to this unit test for the query process: https://github.com/locationtech/geomesa/blob/geomesa_2.11-2.2.1/geomesa-process/geomesa-process-vector/src/test/scala/org/locationtech/geomesa/process/query/QueryProcessTest.scala#L25

Thanks,

Emilio