[geomesa-users] "explain" command line tool

I have been following the quickstart guide using the geomesa-fs command line tools.

It seems that there is no "explain" command when using bin/geomesa-fs. However, I see the "explain" command throughout parts of the documentation. (I was curious to find out why some spatio-temporal queries were slower than others.)

Is this because I chose to use geomesa-fs and not some other command line tools package? (I have been using HDFS and installed the hadoop deps in order to work through tutorials and work with some big data I have.)

Is there another package I should be using if I am just getting started with indexing "big" spatio-temporal data? Like Accumulo? (Ultimately, I want to use this stack to experiment with heatmap generation and flow analysis of moving entities and so on. Balancing transformations across nodes is also something I want to play with.)

--
Andrew Ames

Back to the top