Re: [geomesa-users] Bootstrapping GeoMesa HBase on AWS S3

Hey,

@Emilio
You were right, the jar from s3 could not be copied. The problem was in the conf/hbase-site.xml.
I have set the hbase.rootdir to s3://<my-bucket>/root/ like this:

<property>
    <name>hbase.rootdir</name>
    <value>s3://<my-bucket>/root/</value>
  </property>

I had to remove the last backslash, than it worked just right (correct way for me: s3://<my-bucket>/root).
When the backslash was appended, the bootstrap script would create a new directory called " " in S3.

So the jar was saved to s3://<my-bucket>/root//lib/geomesa-hbase-distributed-runtime_2.11-2.0.2.jar
Later geomesa-hbase tried go get the jar from s3://<my-bucket>/root/lib/geomesa-hbase-distributed-runtime_2.11-2.0.2.jar, which obviously does not work.

Thanks for the help.
Martin