From: geomesa-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:geomesa-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Emilio Lahr-Vivaz
Sent: Monday, 10 September 2018 10:51 PM
To: geomesa-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [geomesa-users] Bootstrapping GeoMesa HBase on AWS S3 [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Ah, I didn't realize you meant the aws bootstrap hook. Looking at their docs:

https://docs.aws.amazon.com/emr/latest/ManagementGuide/emr-plan-bootstrap.html

Bootstrap actions are scripts that run on cluster after Amazon EMR launches the instance using the Amazon Linux Amazon Machine Image (AMI). Bootstrap actions run before Amazon EMR installs the applications that you specify when you create the cluster and before cluster nodes begin processing data.

So hbase won't be installed when the bootstrap runs, and the geomesa script expects it to be running.

Thanks,

Emilio