[geomesa-users] General Design Question - Geomesa + HBase

Hi,

  We are getting ourselves familiar with Geomesa and evaluating its suitability for spatial analyses of several medium - large sets of point data ranging from 50K to 6 - 7 million points stored in HBase. Some of the analyses patterns

1.       Finding the intersection of a given set against one or more of several static sets of polygons stored in HBase and sort the results based on ANY chosen attribute (with each point having ~200+ attributes)

2.       Find out the stats of the point sets based on any of attribute data

These analyses will be done interactively over REST calls.

Some of the design questions that we are seeking your help to answer are

1.       Since we will be filtering and sorting by any of the ~200 attributes, do we need to add an attribute index for each of them?

2.       When we try to retrieve top 100 data sorted by an indexed attribute, we see queries taking ~17 seconds (on a 600K point set) whereas with a BBOX filter the same happens < 1 second. Is it because Geomesa is fetching all the data to the client and sorting them?

Thanks,

Rama Sundaram

This message is intended only for the use of the addressee and may contain
information that is PRIVILEGED AND CONFIDENTIAL.

received this communication in error, please erase all copies of the message
and its attachments and notify the sender immediately. Thank you.

Back to the top