Re: [geomesa-users] How to build the data query & visualization screen on GeoMesa's homepage?

Hi Steve,

Great question.  That view is from a CCRi application called Stealth.  We used a combination of OpenLayers, Angular, and vanilla _javascript_ to build a layer/analysis manager which can animate 10s of millions of points (sans WebGL).

Generally, OpenLayers already handles the typical/easy tasks with _javascript_ mapping.  For the hard jobs (like animating points and wiring charts and histograms to time windows), one has to write a fair bit of custom _javascript_.

Cheers,

Jim