Re: [geomesa-users] Dropping attribute indexes

I don't think we currently have a way to drop an attribute index. A simple work-around would be to use the accumulo shell to modify the 'attributes' line in the catalog metadata table to remove the 'index=true' from the attribute you wish to drop. This will effectively turn off the index, although any data that was written will not be deleted. To delete the data, you could use the shell to issue a 'deletemany' command with the prefix for the attribute in question. If you'd like more information on how to figure that out, I can provide some instructions.

The add-index command creates distinct indices, one on each attribute you specify. Currently we don't support composite multi-attribute indices.

Thanks,

Emilio