Re: [geomesa-users] java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Cannot meaningfully index a feature with a NULL geometry

Hi David,

We did change our indexing to explicitly reject features that can't be indexed appropriately. Are you using attribute indices to search for non-spatial records?

We don't currently have a setting to not fail on invalid data - generally you would wrap each call to `featureWriter.write()` in a try/catch and handle the exceptions. Could you put in a placeholder geometry?

I'll add a ticket to allow for this behavior again.

Thanks,

Emilio