[geomesa-users] GeoMesa roadmap updates

Hi all,

I wanted to share a few updates for GeoMesa from this week.

First, we've been incubating a new feature: support for Jupyter notebooks (1). Via Jupyter notebooks, you can interact with your data via GeoMesa Spark. Our excellent summer intern, Atallah Hezbor (2) did most of the work and has written a tutorial using Jupyter here (3).

Details about getting GeoMesa 1.2.4 + Spark 1.6 working are here (4). We haven't had a chance to try things out with Cloudera or Hortonworks yet. Let us know if you try!

Other than that, there's a bug with the Kafka DataStore 'addFeatures' in GeoMesa 1.2.4 (5). This fall, we are going to upgrade GeoTools and Accumulo dependency versions; as we do that, we'll be pushing for a GeoMesa 1.3.0 release. For some details about tickets / work in the pipeline, check out our JIRA (6). If you are interested in contributing, let me know!

Cheers,

Jim

1. http://www.ccri.com/2016/06/28/geomesa-analytics-jupyter-notebook/
2.  http://www.ccri.com/2016/07/29/2016-summer-interns/