[geomesa-users] Ingestion speed

Hello,

I'm testing GeoMesa for our data and I noticed that the maximum speed achievable in my tests is around 10k records/second. I have 4 servers and this means 40k records/second which is low for the kind of data that I have to ingest. I can't find good benchmarks of GeoMesa so I was wondering if 10k/s per server is what to be expected from GeoMesa.
The data is straightforward: it has a date (time-index), a location (space-index), an id (index=true) and seven other fields that shouldn't be indexed. The data is read from hdfs and written using GeoMesa library without any other logic.

Thanks,
Mario Pastorelli

--
Mario Pastorelli | TERALYTICS

software engineer

Teralytics AG | Zollstrasse 62 | 8005 Zurich | Switzerland
phone:
+41794381682
email: mario.pastorelli@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

www.teralytics.net

Company registration number: CH-020.3.037.709-7 | Trade register Canton Zurich
Board of directors: Georg Polzer, Mark Schmitz, Dr. Angelica Kohlmann Küpper
Data Privacy Supervisor: Prof. Dr. Donald Alan Kossmann

Crunching data, one terabyte at a time.

Back to the top