[geomesa-users] Getting Results from Geomesa

Good afternoon. I am working on a project that is serving Geomesa results to users through a web interface by means of a REST API. Currently, the users construct a geospatial query, the API in turn sends this query to Geomesa, which then returns all of the records back through the API to the user. We run into problems when the returning dataset is over 5,000 records (which it normally is) and we end up crashing the user's browser.

 We also serve Spark-based analytic results through Impala, which allows us to easily serve a subset of the result set by limiting the results. We expose an API endpoint specifically for DataTables and it works very nicely (https://www.datatables.net/examples/server_side/simple.html).

 What we're trying to avoid to writing Geomesa search results to HDFS and then layering Impala on top of it. While this would solve the problem, we risk wasting a tremendous amount of HDFS space.

 Our ultimate goal is to connect a DataTables UI to Accumulo/Geomesa and being able to only retrieve the data that we want, i.e. 10 records out of 100,000 records.

 Any ideas, design patterns, or code samples would be very much appreciated. Thank you in advance!

-Joel

Back to the top