Re: [geomesa-users] geomesa tools

Hi David,

GEOMESA_HOME should point to the directory that where you untar the geomesa tools assembled tar file.

If you are building this from source, you'll find the tar file here:

geomesa-assemble/target/geomesa-1.0.0-rc.5-SNAPSHOT-bin.tar.gz

The tar file contains an installation directory with libraries, binaries, etc.

If you untar that somewhere and then CD to it then you can run 'bin/configure' which will display a suggested value for GEOMESA_HOME to be sourced by your env file (bashrc, etc).

For instance on my box:

$ echo $GEOMESA_HOME
/home/andrew/tools/geomesa-1.0.0-rc.5-SNAPSHOT

And my bashrc entry suggested by bin/configure
# bashrc geomesa
export GEOMESA_HOME=/home/andrew/tools/geomesa-1.0.0-rc.5-SNAPSHOT
export PATH=${GEOMESA_HOME}/bin:$PATH

Let us know if you need any assistance running the ingest.

Andrew