Re: [geomesa-users] Error ingesting gdelt file

Hi Raffaele,

For the classpath issues, did you have to do anything not mentioned under 'Visualize Data With GeoServer'?  I ask in case those directions list something else which may help later and also to know if you found any additional differences in your environment.  (I'm also curious about your environment if you would care to share info about your version of Hadoop, Accumulo, and ZooKeeper.)

The tutorial is confusing at this point.  The request listed will return exactly what you described: a white tile with red dots.  Hunter showed a screenshot of the GeoServer OpenLayers preview instead of that.  He additional set up a base layer, in this case, Stamen Toner (http://maps.stamen.com).

As I make a pass through the documentation, I'll add some explanation about how to add that base layer.  The great news is that you do not have to ingest OSM data or a set of tiles.  In GeoServer, you can cascade external WMS resources: http://docs.geoserver.org/latest/en/user/data/cascaded/wms.html and then form a layer group.  In a webapp, you can use Leaflet or OpenLayers to use an external WMS layer directly.

Great questions; thanks for writing.  Let us know if you have any other questions or any suggestions for new tutorials.

Thanks,

Jim