[geomesa-dev] Disable spatial indexing

Hello everyone,

I create a Java SimpleFeatureType which includes a Feature with type Polygon.
This is identified as a spatial object and indexed accordingly.
However, this polygon is not a spatial object and it can be null.
This causes errors in the creation of the z3 index.
I understand that there is a way to disable the indexing from creating, but I cannot figure out the right command.

I tried
sft.getUserData().put("geomesa.index","false");
and
sft.getDescriptor("polygon").getUserData().put("index", "false");
and
sft.getUserData().put("geomesa.indices.enabled ","");

Even though neither one of them raises an exception they do not work either.

Can you please point me to the right direction?

Thank you very much for your time.

Best regards,
Maria.

Back to the top