Re: [geomesa-dev] Ingest performance issues with newest version of geomesa

Blake,

We recently switched from a text based encoding to an Avro binary encoding.  This should have actually sped up your ingest significantly - it performed very well in tests we ran during development of the binary encoding.  As a point of reference, we have been able to ingest (on a 21 node cluster) about 500K records per second using a map/reduce job.  Can you give a bit more detail about how you are performing your ingest?

Thanks,
Anthony