Re: [gemoc-dev] saving/restoring model state based on K3

Le 28 août 2018 à 11:55, Didier Vojtisek <didier.vojtisek@xxxxxxxx> a écrit :

Hi

1/ I don't think we can support Runtime Data (RTD) defined only in K3 aspect.

even the pure K3 (sequential) has its RTD in the ecore (in order to be able to display them in sirius and in the variable view  (in the K3FSM, the current state reference is in the ecore file)

Actually, when using Melange, Melange is used to produce a dsl and an ecore that has the RTD
If not using Melange, the RTD must

Not conceptually, but in the current state of the studio. Note that  in the context of ALE and .dsl, Fabien is working on other solutions.

be added manually as if it was produced by Melange. This must include the annotation named "aspect" that is used to drive the variable view and the trace storage.

BTW, this annotation name: "aspect" is a legacy and has probably a wrong name since this is not the fact that is comes from an aspect (ie. produced thanks to Melange) that is important but the fact that it represents runtime data /dynamic information not matter Melange was used or not to produce it.
We should have a discussion about a better name for it and open an issue about it

2/ reminder (if needed), the possibility to set back the full state works only for the concurrent engine which doesn't rely on the java stack and thus is really able to reset its full state. The sequential java engine relies on the java stack, when going backward we reset the model state but not the java stack state, so we cannot really run-again it we simply reset the model state, when reaching the last really executed step, the engine continue normally

Didier