[gef-dev] Neon M4 contribution promoted

Hi all,

I promoted gef-master #1770 and gef4-master #2884 as our Neon M4 contribution to our milestone update sites and drop files area. I also adjusted the simrel aggregator file.

Please note that we have continued our revision of the GEF4 FX and GEF4 MVC APIs. Within FX, we have improved GeometryNode (which now properly follows the JavaFX contract for layouting and resizing) as well as Connection (which now properly arranges its decorations and clips the curve node at its decorations). We have furthermore added utilities to ease work with JavaFX shapes and to convert them into GEF4 Geometry representations (and vice versa). Regarding MVC, we have improved the geometry providers used for feedback and handle positions (clients can now choose between tight and regular geometric as well as shape bounds, which include stroke). Furthermore, we have introduced abstract base classes for interaction and transaction policies and have enforced a proper transaction process (init, commit, rollback), adjusting the transaction policies and all operations used by them. We are trying to finalize our work on FX and MVC APIs up to M5. We have also reworked the GEF4 Common adapter mechanism to be ‚in line‘ with the adaptable pattern of the platform and to easy adapter bindings in modules. We will update the New and Noteworthy page by the end of this week, to give a detailed overview over all major changes.

Cheers
Alexander

--
Dr. Alexander Nyßen
Dipl.-Inform.

Telefon: +49 (0) 231 / 98 60-202
Telefax: +49 (0) 231 / 98 60-211
Mobil: +49 (0) 151 /  17396743

http://www.itemis.de
alexander.nyssen@xxxxxxxxx

itemis AG
Am Brambusch 15-24
44536 Lünen

Rechtlicher Hinweis:

Amtsgericht Dortmund, HRB 20621

Vorstand: Jens Wagener (Vors.), Wolfgang Neuhaus, Dr. Georg Pietrek, Jens Trompeter, Sebastian Neus

Aufsichtsrat: Prof. Dr. Burkhard Igel (Vors.), Michael Neuhaus, Jennifer Fiorentino