Re: [gef-dev] GEF Simple Doubts!

This isn't really a GEF developer question. I would suggest in future that you ask generic Eclipse development questions in the eclipse.newcomer newsgroup [1] or in #eclipse on Freenode [2].

That said... have you tried the Hello World wizards?

File > New > Other > Plug-In Dev > Plug-In Project > ... > [x] Create a plug-in using one of the templates > ...

Using those you can generate a fully-functional plugin project and then change the code to suit your needs.

[1] http://www.eclipse.org/newsportal/thread.php?group=eclipse.newcomer
[2] http://wiki.eclipse.org/IRC

Nick

Aatish Mandelecha wrote:
Hi, I am very new to GEF. I am on a mission to make a Graphical Editor. My first step is to make something similar to Shapes Diagram example/ Database Schema Editor. That is, I want to make a plugin which opens and works inside the Eclipse. I don't want to make a standalone application. I have the source code of Database Schema Editor but there is no plugin.xml from which I can learn how to make a plugin. Please help me, guys. It is very urgent. Thanks a lot, Aatish

--
Aatish Mandelecha
Univ, of California, Irvine