[gef-dev] Multipage editor with GEF

Hello,

I'm trying to put a GEF editor in a multipage editor
(MultiPageEditorPart). I have tried using the Shapes example as a base
just for trying my concepts but the editor this one is based on
(GraphicalEditorWithFlyoutPalette) seems to rely on the fact that it's a
top editor in the workbench.

I've looked through some of the code of the supplied GEF actions and
especially actions based on 'SelectionAction' seem to rely on on this.
When I put my GEF-editor inside my multipage editor actions such as
'Delete' which is a subclass of 'SelectionAction' stop working.
I assume mainly because the selection-framework doesn't work as it should.

Is there any smooth way to solve this? Do I have to extend and ovveride
all the actions myself if I want to solve this? Do I also have to override
some of the logics in the GraphicalEditorWithFlyoutPalette-editor? So it
doesn't rely on the fact that it's the active editor.

-ra

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Back to the top