Re: [faces-dev] Javadoc: javax.el.ELResolver Injection Removed

Hi,

The ELResolver has been listed in the Faces specification for quite some time now, since JSF 2.2. I have to imagine it was added for a good reason. Perhaps due to section 5.3.2 ELResolver? I don't believe the _expression_ Language specification has any dependency on CDI.  The Faces specification defines multiple ELResolvers that are required.

Thoughts on adding this back in for Faces 4.1 as an erroneous removal in Faces 4.0?

The platform specification: https://jakarta.ee/specifications/platform/10/jakarta-platform-spec-10.0#annotations-and-injection points to this Faces specification table.

Regards,

Paul Nicolucci