Re: [faces-dev] Minimum Java for Faces 5.0

Hi,

I see some vendors still supporting Java 11 for another year and others for longer with extended support.  I don't disagree that it would be good to move to something newer.

As for the other question,  EE11 must certify on 21, but specs are allowed to use an earlier Java level, such as 11 or 17.
For example,  websocket 2.2 lists Java 8: https://jakarta.ee/specifications/websocket/2.2/

If we select Java 11, others can still build against 17 or 21.  It’s only a minimum. I just wanted a consensus.

Best,
Volodymyr