Re: [faces-dev] Faces 5.0 release plan

Hi,

Yes, splitting API from IMPL has zero benefits for any user. This is, I think, why it suffered from the "starvation effect"; which is an issue that must be done, but because it's consistently at a low priority doesn't ever actually get done.

So at some point, you just have to do it, even though it's not the highest priority. But I'll take this one up. I've been working on similar-ish splits throughout the EE4J/Jakarta codebase.

Btw, we can still do a 4.1 with some small changes. There was already a proposal for that. 5.0 is just the big plan for EE 11 in mid 2024.

Kind regards,
Arjan Tijms