Re: [faces-dev] Remove deprecated methods from jakarta.faces.application.StateManager

Hi,

I just did the PR that removes the deprecated methods and the inner class SerializedView: https://github.com/eclipse-ee4j/mojarra/pull/4959

Kind regards,
Arjan Tijms

On Wed, Sep 1, 2021 at 9:17 PM arjan tijms <arjan.tijms@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,

On Wed, Sep 1, 2021 at 5:47 PM David Matějček <dmatej@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,

I agree with this idea, btw the SerializedView should die too => then nearly all methods in StateManager will be affected.
I'm curious if someone used that in last years.

Me too. In theory it's not such a bad idea, as it makes the back button work really correctly. Essentially without serialised state on server you only store references, and those references point to the current state. This *may* lead to surprises when you use the back button, expect the previous state, but actually get the current one.

That said, the difference is obscure in many cases and the bizarre amount of overhead rarely if ever worth it (in my experience).

Kind regards,
Arjan Tijms

Have a nice day,
David Matějček.