Re: [faces-dev] Could someone have a look at test challenge, Issue #1474

On 1/26/21 4:07 PM, arjan tijms wrote:
Hi,

Indeed, for now the simplest and best change would be to disable the test (add it to the exclusion list). We'll then make sure to have the types consistent in time for Faces 4.0.

I'll coordinate with the TCK team for this exclusion and/or do a PR to that end.

Hi,

Other than addressing https://github.com/eclipse-ee4j/faces-api/issues/1471 in a future EE release, I am not aware of any way to exclude signature test failures like this for an existing EE release.

A sort of related question, should our TCK signature testing continue to validate the annotation signature?  For example, from the TCK challenge:

"

[javatest.batch] Missed Annotations
[javatest.batch] ------------------
[javatest.batch]
[javatest.batch] javax.faces.component.behavior.FacesBehavior:               anno 0 java.lang.annotation.Target(java.lang.annotation.ElementType[] value=[TYPE])
[javatest.batch]
[javatest.batch] Added Annotations
[javatest.batch] -----------------
[javatest.batch]
[javatest.batch] javax.faces.component.behavior.FacesBehavior:               anno 0 java.lang.annotation.Target(java.lang.annotation.ElementType[] value=[FIELD,METHOD,PARAMETER,TYPE])
[javatest.batch]
[javatest.batch] 09-05-2019 11:24:59:  SVR: ********** Package 'javax.faces.component.behavior' - FAILED (REFLECTION MODE) **********

"

Currently, verifying certain annotations like @Deprecated on later Java SE versions is complicated by optional fields being added by the later Java SE version.  So, if we only verified that the named annotation is used but not check the signatures, that could help avoid issues like https://github.com/eclipse-ee4j/faces-api/issues/1474 and allow help with running the TCK on later Java SE versions (https://github.com/eclipse-ee4j/jakartaee-tck/issues/156).

Thanks,
Scott

Kind regards,
Arjan