Re: [faces-dev] Deprecate @FacesConfig

If it should be for auto-faces-servlet-mapping-marker only, then we should really talk about it if it's the best way.
We could also name it then "@AutoRegisterFacesServlet" or take the faces-config.xml inside the WAR as marker, which probably already exists in 90% of the times.

Am Mo., 18. Jan. 2021 um 16:08 Uhr schrieb arjan tijms <arjan.tijms@xxxxxxxxx>:
Hi,

The latest and greatest should indeed always be used. That weird simulation is just odd, but didn't we already agree to remove the "fake faces 2.2 mode"?

@FacesConfig's main purpose is to add the Faces servlet mapping automatically.

Before @ManagedBean would be used for that, but we've deprecated it, and are going to remove it. Some of the other Faces annotations can still be used for that, but most of them are not always present in a Faces application.

So +1 for removing the fake version and its semantics (always use latest and greatest
-1 for removing @FacesConfig itself, as it's a marker

Kind regards,
Arjan