Re: [faces-dev] Feedback Jakarta Faces.Next-Presentation; Spring el-resolver

Hi,

On Mon, Sep 16, 2019 at 1:47 PM <Christoph.Strasser@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

In our organisation we combine JSF with Spring.

So we define SpringBeanFacesELResolver in our faces-config.xml:

<application>

<el-resolver>org.springframework.web.jsf.el.SpringBeanFacesELResolver</el-resolver>

</application>

Should this work with Faces.next too?

We should keep supporting _expression_ Language resolvers indeed. The idea is that JSF sheds much of its own internal functionality in favour of that what is already provided by other APIs. That means re-basing on CDI, but also integrating (or keep the current integration) with (Jakarta) _expression_ Language and (Jakarta) Validation.

*Maybe* at some point <el-resolver> might become <_expression_-language-resolver>, but that certainly wouldn't happen overnight and it's still up for discussion.

Also to be considered is whether we can add a test to Mojarra to ensure that from its point "org.springframework.web.jsf.el.SpringBeanFacesELResolver" keeps working.

Thanks for your question!

Kind regards,
Arjan

Back to the top