Re: [faces-dev] Jakarta Server Faces Spec Content Help

Hi,

Thanks for the offer. Yes, a second pair of eyes is always helpful.

Do note though that for the Jakarta EE 8 release, the Jakarta Server Faces spec is just a so called boiler-plate spec, since the actual spec document hasn't been transferred yet,

Despite being minimal, it should of course be correct. A larger body of work concerns the JavaDoc in the javax.faces package. Because of historical reasons (having lots of code inside) this is in the Mojarra project. The Javadoc however is part of the spec release and is generated from the faces project (it extracts it from a published/staged Mojarra jar).

Checking everything is correct would be most helpful here: https://github.com/eclipse-ee4j/mojarra/tree/2.3/impl/src/main/java/javax/faces

Extracting the Javadoc from a Mojarra jar is of course a convoluted way to go about things, so in the future this should definitely be addressed.

Kind regards,
Arjan Tijms