RE: [equinox-dev] Feature complete?

Ciao PaScaL :)
I'm seeing an issue that showed up right after p2 took over (> M5):
On my linux box I like to install Eclipse as root and set the entire
installation to read-only.

Back on the old days this used to work, all configuration data got
stored in my ~/.eclipse directory, however, this is not working any more
(see below for ST).
For now I can work around this by setting my local installations
configuration directory to writable but that's clearly not an option for
multi-user installations...

Also, on my Windows box I saw this strange behaviour:
My "links" directory contains multiple local extension locations. All
these seem to get picked up just fine (i.e. the UM shows them) however,
the actual functionality (e.g. Menus, Actions, Wizards) is not there
until I restart Eclipse once...

HTH,
Ciao, hh

P.S.: Stacktrace of issues with read-only installations:

!ENTRY org.eclipse.osgi 4 0 2008-05-05 11:04:21.267
!MESSAGE Error reading configuration:
<ro-eclipse>configuration/org.eclipse.osgi/.manager/.fileTableLock (No
such file or directory)
!STACK 0
java.io.FileNotFoundException:
<ro-eclipse>/configuration/org.eclipse.osgi/.manager/.fileTableLock (No
such file or directory)
        at java.io.RandomAccessFile.<init>(RandomAccessFile.java:212)
        at
org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.Locker_JavaNio.lock(Locker_Jav
aNio.java:32)
        at
org.eclipse.osgi.storagemanager.StorageManager.lock(StorageManager.java:
389)
        at
org.eclipse.osgi.storagemanager.StorageManager.open(StorageManager.java:
687)
        at
org.eclipse.osgi.internal.baseadaptor.BaseStorage.initFileManager(BaseSt
orage.java:208)
        at
org.eclipse.osgi.internal.baseadaptor.BaseStorage.initialize(BaseStorage
.java:142)
        at
org.eclipse.osgi.baseadaptor.BaseAdaptor.initializeStorage(BaseAdaptor.j
ava:124)
        at
org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.Framework.initialize(Framework.
java:180)
        at
org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.Framework.<init>(Framework.java
:152)
        at
org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.OSGi.createFramework(OSGi.java:
90)
        at
org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.OSGi.<init>(OSGi.java:31)
        at
org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.startup(EclipseStarter.j
ava:286)
        at
org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:
175)
        at
a:39)
        at
Impl.java:25)
        at
org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:549)
        at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:504)
        at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1236)
        at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:1212)