Re: [equinox-dev] Thoughts on write api for repository : Please add your thoughts

In order to be able to reason about what is installed the agent keeps a
local copy of the metadata. Instead of inventing another format for storing
this data we should be using a metadata repository with write access. This
follows the mirroring metaphor.

Adding a new version of an IU to a repository had no other effect than
making this IU visible to anyone consulting the repository. The repository
is not in a position to make any decision wrt what could / should be kept.
Installable units can also be removed from a given repository if the
maintainer of the repository has decided so.

             "Prashant Deva"
             <prashant.deva@gm
             ail.com>                                                   To
             Sent by:                  "Equinox development mailing list"
             equinox-dev-bounc         <equinox-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
             es@xxxxxxxxxxx                                             cc
                                       Pascal Rapicault/Ottawa/IBM@IBMCA
                                                                   Subject
             06/25/2007 09:19          [equinox-dev] Thoughts on write api
             PM                        for repository : Please add
                                       your thoughts

             Please respond to
                  Equinox
                development
               mailing list
             <equinox-dev@ecli
                 pse.org>

Hi,
 Me and pascal were having a discussion regarding the write api for the
repositories.
I would appreciate if you all would post your thoughts on this too.
I am attaching our conversation below.

Prashant