Re: [epsilon-dev] Update site now includes all dependencies!

Hi Antonio,

Thank you for the suggestion and confirming it works. I have added the sites to category.xml but still have them in feature.xml (as discovery URLs). I was wondering if in your experience it’s better to have them in category, feature or both? Only to simplify maintenance. My initial thought is that if we just have the Epsilon update site as a discovery URL in the core feature, then in theory we can remove the references to other update sites in feature.xml, since every feature depends on core via <includes> (either directly or indirectly).

Also Dimitris and I had briefly discussed the situation with EuGENia’s dependencies and wondered if you have any thoughts on that front. The problem is that whilst in the manifest we now require GMF (no longer optional), we do not depend on ALL of GMF which may cause some problems. So the workaround has been to put GMF as <includes> (see [1]), which results in the GMF binaries, plugins and features being added to our update site (see [2]). Any way we can force installation of these features without <includes> or Require-Bundle?

Thanks,

Sina

[1] https://git.eclipse.org/c/epsilon/org.eclipse.epsilon.git/tree/features/org.eclipse.epsilon.eugenia.feature/feature.xml

[2] https://download.eclipse.org/epsilon/interim/binary/