Re: [epsilon-dev] Proposal to remove deprecated methods

Sina,

On Wed, 16 Oct 2019 at 18:40, Sina Madani <sm1748@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi Dimitris,
>
> Thank you for your thoughts. This was my reasoning too: although most of the changes to Epsilon have been additions, enhancements  and bug fixes, it’s probably substantial enough to be part of a major release and so an ideal opportunity to clean up some of the legacy API. Though I’m not sure if a major release entails more administrative overhead.

Looking at [1] it doesn't look like a major release is much more work
than a minor release. Let's have a chat about this when we meet
tomorrow.

> Speaking of which, what is the timescale for releases? Looking at the history it seems to be every 1-2 years and 1.5 was released in August 2018, though presumably there aren’t any hard constraints on the schedule.

There's no strict timeline for releases indeed.

Cheers,
Dimitris

[1] https://www.eclipse.org/projects/handbook/#release

--